DIY event signs, are so much fun to make, and can have a BIG impact with little to no cost……Lets get making!
Here’s how to recreate these stunning vintage inspired pointing hand signs…..
WHAT YOU NEED
- This free vintage pointing hand printable
- MDF approximately 30cm x 22cm (or A4 size)
- Small Saw or jigsaw
- White or cream water-based paint
- Wide paint brush
- Marker or acrylic paint in your colour of choice – I like black
- Wood approximately 15 x 50cm
- Wood glue
- Download this free vintage pointing hand printable
- Print it onto normal A4 printing paper
- Cut out the hand shape and using a pencil trace around it onto thin MDF
- Use a jigsaw, or a small saw to cut out the shape, and sand the edges to make them smooth
- Paint the wood with 2 or 3 layers of cream or white water-based paint
- Using your hand print-off as inspiration, add the lines and details using a black marker, or black acrylic paint and a thin brush. Tip: If you are not confident draw the lines lightly in pencil first.
- Use strong wood glue to stick the hand shape to a simple piece of wood that has been painted or prepared as you like
- Use the text “This Way Folks”, also provided in the free printable , or print your own desired message using Word or a similar word-processing program- In my signs I choose to use:
- Font: Kunstler Script
- Size: 225
- Now for the trick……… scribbling with a pencil on the reverse side of the paper, focusing on the area being the letters
- Next, lay it on the wooden surface with the pencil-scribbled side down
- Using a pencil carefully trace over the printed letters heavily -the pencil on the other side will transfer onto the wood leaving a faint outline of your desired text in a beautiful font!
- Finally go over the faint letters on the wood with acrylic paint or a marker
Want backstage access to free DIY decor tips and tricks, ‘How Tos’ and printables? JOIN MY MAILING LIST right now!