A cool toy, party prop, or super fun sport’s fan accessory – this megaphone is a BIG hit with little super stars! It’s so easy to make, and is an inexpensive way to add colour and fun to a DIY party . Know a sports fan? Why not combine it my Giant Foam Hands DIY for something extra to cheer about!
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 piece of A3 coloured card
- 1 sheet of coloured tissue paper
- Paper glue, like my all time favorite Pritt Stick
- Curve the card into a cone shape, leaving a gap at the smaller end, big enough to get the stapler inside
- Secure the shape by stapling it in as many places as possible
- Using the scissors, trim the excess card at both ends and along the side to create an even cone shape
- Now to make a tissue paper fringe, cut a strip of tissue long enough to wrap around the large end of the cone, and about 10cm wide
- Fold the strip of tissue a number of times, then using the scissors cut from the open edge (not the folded edge) into the center of the paper at even intervals
- Apply glue around the outside of the large end of the card cone
- Unfold the tissue paper, and stick the uncut side the edge to the glued card, leave the fringe to hang over the edge.
- For a fuller look, make a second(or more) fringe and stick it on top of the previous one
- Now give us a big shout out from your super fun megaphone!
Want backstage access to free material and printables? JOIN MY MAILING LIST right now!