Let’s cheer on our favorite sports teams with this super cool foam hand DIY. Be it football, GAA or basketball that you love, you can show your support! They are so easy to make, especially with the help of my free printable, to guide you with the hand shape. A4 is a great size “giant” hand for little ones up to 5 or 6 years old, but why not go crazy and scale them up to A3 size for big kids, and adults too!
Now all you have to decide is which team you’re shouting for…..ART//CRAFT//CREATE
WHAT YOU NEED
- Free printable hand template
- 3 pieces of A4, thin foam sheets in your team’s colours: 2 in one colour, 1 in another (or card will do fine too)
- Ball-point pen
- Craft glue/ glue gun for hot glue (parent super vision needed)
- Print your free printable hand template and cut it out
- Place the template on one of the pieces of foam, ‘x’ facing up, and trace around it using the pen
- Place the template on a 2nd piece of foam, ‘x’ facing down, and trace around it
- Now cut both shapes out carefully
- To hide any pen marks, prepare to stick them back to back with pen-marked sides facing in, towards each other
- Using craft glue or a hot-glue gun, run a line of glue around the edge of one of the hands (on the pen-marked side), as close to the edge as possible. DO NOT put glue along the bottom edge where the wrist is
- Carefully line the two hands up and press them together until they are stuck completely
- Cut out extra symbols or letters from the 2nd colour foam, and stick it to the front of the hand for extra decoration
- Now wear your giant hand with pride, and shout for your team!!
Want backstage access to free material and printables? JOIN MY MAILING LIST right now!